As an Underwriting Assistant, you will provide support and assistance to the underwriting staff. Performing administrative duties regarding new and renewal?accounts, risk assessments, and loss runs. May assist underwriters with the computation of rates and premiums. Works on projects of moderate complexity in a support role. Partners with Underwriters to drive growth, improve profitability, retain accounts and service agents. The UA is responsible for providing Underwriters with information necessary to make prudent underwriting decisions and to support the underwriting lifecycle from pre-submission through policy issuance and renewal?(marketing, underwriting analysis, sales, service and administrative).The UA will be an integral member of the underwriting team by providing support within established performance standards and priorities.? Ensures all related activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer service focus, quality and timeliness.
- Partners with Underwriters to establish support needs for new and renewal policies (i.e., identify and gather relevant account information to quote or issue policies)
- Analyzes account specific information and summarizes information and findings for Underwriter review (i.e. loss information, description of operations, financials, risk control reports)
- Researches and provides underwriting analysis of account information and ensures overall regulatory compliance
- Assists Underwriting?with submission clearance, rating, binders, policy issuance, cancellations, endorsements, renewal preparation, and state and federal filings
- Participates in pre-renewal meetings with Underwriters
- Prepares underwriting/pricing exhibits (updated exposures, rating and pricing worksheets, updated account information)
- Issues policies and initiates invoicing in accordance with Underwriter’s instruction
- Manages account documentation and ensures file completeness and quality (correspondence, proposals, endorsements, cancellations, etc.)
- Communicates with external producers/customers and serves as the first-line point of contact on account related matters
- Provides administrative support
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two?or more years of?commercial auto underwriting assistant experience
- Knowledge of commercial lines products
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage complex workload while exhibiting very sound judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with agents and other departments and must also exemplify superior teamwork.
- Willingness to embrace core values of Qeo: Integrity, Accountability, Responsibility & Empowerment, Culture of Continuous Improvement, Teamwork Based on Trust, Respect & Communication, Uncompromised Service, Fiscal Responsibility, and Recognition of Employee Excellence.
QEO Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of QEO Group, LLC and its client.
It is the policy of our client, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.
Salary (Pay Basis)?$40,000-$55,000
Education Level??Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience